No, I didn’t fall off the face of the earth! It’s been a couple months since my last post but I’m still here, and will be doing a much better job with this blog’s content, I promise. I will pick up exactly where I left off, and that is showing the finished quilt I made for my sister back in November of last year. Here are the long overdue photos. . .
So I did end up using the excess quilt backing for the binding. I simply trimmed it and the batting, folded and pressed the edge under a 1/4″, folded the backing to the front, and made a long line of stitching (with help from my walking foot) all around the quilt, keeping very close to the 1/4″ fold I made. I had no problems whatsoever using this technique and I found it much easier and faster to do than cutting out bias strips.
The quilt has found a very happy home! It hasn’t left my sister’s bed since I made it and that can only make me smile from ear to ear! 🙂