Ever since I started crafting I’ve been reading crafting blogs. They are a great source of inspiration, community, and knowledge. Another great source I’ve found are podcasts. One of the great advantages of listening to a podcast is that you can sew, knit, etc. while listening. A great way to past the time!
I’ve noticed a small but steady climb in the amount of crafty podcasters on Youtube and the great sense of community they are forming. I’ve been tempted to start my own for a long time now and I finally took the big step–I just uploaded my first podcast episode to YouTube. I am now the host of The Art and Needlework Podcast!
See the first episode here.
With every episode I make I will be adding the show notes to a blog post. If you have any comments or suggestions about the new show please leave them in the comments section below!
Show Notes for Episode 1 – Pilot:
Knit/Crochet Patterns Mentioned:
- Fisherman’s Afghan. Crochet. A Simplicity (yes the sewing pattern company) pattern from 1974; #6647. Using worsted weight yarn and size J hook.
- Aislinn Cardigan. Knit. Designed by Amy Herzog. Using Willow Yarn Everest in Steel Gray. US 5/3.75mm circular needle.
Pencil Skirt Design:
- Faux Suede fabric was bought from Fabric.com.
- Leather bought from TheLeatherGuyMN on Etsy.
- Where my skirt sloper came from: Stringcodes
My YouTube channel: